Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend and Wii

I had a busy weekend. It started out Saturday morning with a log run with Paul. We met at the start of the trail in Wind Lake and were going to run to Cty W and back. A little over 7 1/2 out. After a few miles into the run, my legs were feeling tired and still a little sore. Paul didn't mind running a little slower today so we stuck together. I was carrying the water so maybe that was a reason he stayed with me as well. We got to the turn around and were averaging 8:50 pace. The way back was a little of a struggle for me but I still had that motivation in me to do the best I could on this particular day. We finished up at an average of 8:53 for 15 1/2 miles but I really had to work those last 5 miles. I guess I am not upset with the pace. I would have preferred to have it down to 8:30 or lower but I will take it.

I also did a short 4 mile run this evening at the Church's Family Fun Run Night. I ran with a friend named Mark while pushing Katelynn in the Jog Stroller. She had fun as well always looking around and singing songs.

Saturday night I did something I have never done before. I know I must be one of the last people around to not have played Wii, but I finally have. I met with Greg at Dale's house as his wife was out of town so we had the place to ourselves. Greg brought over the Wii and we plugged it into the big screen TV and started playing Guitar Hero. Let me tell you, I am NOT a guitar hero. Greg put it on the "easy" level and I was booed off the stage in under 1 minute. I know it is not worth anything, but I did do pretty good on the "Beginner" level. I did do good playing Home Run Derby and completely surprised the guys when playing Bowling. I have never played this before but I kicked their butts in Bowling scoring a 229. It was very humorous watching their reactions every time I got a strike in the most unusual ways. I am not going to go out and buy a Wii all of a sudden now, but I certainly had a good time playing it for a night.

One last thing I noticed. I have SiteMeter on my blog so I can see how many people come to read my blog and where they come from. It is actually pretty cool to see where some of you come from all over the US and even in Europe so far. I did find that my busiest day ever on my blog was a day after I wrote about going to the Milwaukee Art Museum and commenting on my opinions of the Art I saw. Someone on a Twitter page linked my post to his page. I had Art people all over reading my site. I don't think they took kindly to my comments about "garbage Art" there. I can only imagine what their thoughts were and how they must feel how uncultured I am. It was and is my opinion but I find it funny anyways. I posted this over a month ago and I still get people linking from that page.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Great job on the long run. Sounds like your training is on track. I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to have a site meter?