Monday, May 4, 2009

Door County HM Pictures

I have a few pictures from the race on Saturday to share. Also I have finally seen the results and times. I ended up in 41st place over all out of 693. Hey, not a mid-packer. Then if you remove the top 3 overall, I ended up in 4th place in my age group. Top 3 get awards, oh so close. But the closest number is my official time. 1:40:02. OUCH! Only 3 seconds from sub 1:40. I am not upset in the slightest though. I am very happy with how I raced and the time I got. I hope to be able to repeat it in 3 weeks.

I do have a little injury now from the race. The outside bottom back of my right foot just before the heal is very sore. I think it is the tendon that did not react to the shoes well so I think it will be gone in a day or 2, at least I hope so. I ended up running in my racing flats which might not be the smartest thing to do in a half marathon but I feel so fast and run faster in them. I am taking a few days off to rest it so hopefully that will do the trick.

So now my outlook is the Madison Marathon 2 person Relay on Memorial Day Weekend. I don't know who my partner will be yet. Could be Paul or could be Chaz. Depends on if we find a 4th to run then we may run 2 relay teams.
This is early in the race. Probably first 2 miles.
This looks to be just before mile 10 and the big downhill.

I think this is rather late in the race, maybe just past mile 11.

No comments: