Wednesday, May 27, 2009

No Running Yet?

It is true. I have not run since the relay on Sunday yet. On Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, my thighs were still quite sore. What gives?!?! I only ran a half marathon, not that it is something to short to not be sore at, but I ran over 4 minutes faster 3 weeks ago and felt fine (except for my foot). The legs are feeling better now so I will begin again tomorrow.

Today was a crappy rainy cold day. But that didn't stop my oldest daughters school from having their Olympic Day. I decided to take the day off of work and volunteer to help out. I was in charge of the kick ball area. Kids K through 4th grade were participating in this event to see how far they could kick a rubber ball. They all had fun even with the crappy weather. During their lunch time, I went to each of the classrooms to promote the Kid's Marathon. The kids seemed to like the idea and I hope they get their parents to sign them up. The younger kids had more questions and I think we will get more of them that the older ones in th and 7th grade. We will find out soon since the deadline is in a couple weeks. So far there were quite a few that had already turned in their forms and many more parents that told me that they will be signing up soon. I will definitely keep you all up to date on all the details of the event. I think the kids liked when I told them about all the raffle prizes we are going to give away at the final mile. So far we have the following as giveaways: A new pair of running shoes from a running store, a $100 gift certificate from another running store, and a signed baseball from the Milwaukee Brewers. We hope to get a whole bunch more and I have a few leads on some. After sign up is complete, I have a lot of emails and calls I will make to certain places.

On a lighter side, I did watch quite a few movies this past weekend. I went to Blockbuster to rent a movie and then bought 3 others from the "Pre-Viewed" section. So first we rented "Bedtime Stories". I liked this one. Keri Russell is my crush and has been for years so that helped but the story was nice as well. We then bought "Veggitales: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything". I was in the room while this was on but didn't pay too much attention to it. It looked cute and the princesses liked it so I give it a good buy status. We also bought "Bolt". We watched this today but I was tired and fell asleep while watching. It is a Disney Movie so I assume it is good but I can't comment on. the final movie I bought was "Fireproof". This has Kurt Cameron in it, yes, Cameron from Growing Pains fame. It is a movie about a firefighter who is having trouble with his marriage. I recommend this one, a nice touching and moving story.

No comments: