Wednesday, January 26, 2011

There is Something Missing

There is something missing in my life right now. Actually there are a lot of things missing in my life, hopefully not for long, but as far as running is concerned, there IS something missing. As of right now, I am NOT signed up for ANY races. Not a single one. Remember back [HERE] when I was signed up for 4 1/2 marathons at one time? Yes, back in September, I was signed up for 4 different marathons and on the waiting list for another one. Those being the Grand Rapids Marathon, The Haunted Hustle Marathon, The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon, and the Icebreaker Marathon. I was also on the waiting list for the Zoom Yah Yah Marathon which I ended up not running. Instead I ran the double, Mississippi Blues Marathon and the Mobile Marathon. So since that post, I have run 6 different marathons and now I having no plans in concrete. Sure there are a few that I want to run but I am not signed up.

It is an odd feeling right now. I am going to continue to train and maybe even have a big mileage month in February but for what? I have not selected a full or half marathon this spring that I would like to race but I know there is something out there. More than likely I am going have to pick a closer race that I can drive to.

There are A LOT of marathons in Wisconsin in May that I could choose plus there are some other "fun" races that I could run as well. I may run the Lake Geneva Euro Cross Race like I wanted to last year before I signed up for the Fargo Marathon. This would be a long training run though. It is on a path that surrounds Lake Geneva and follows the entire shoreline going through all the mansions backyards. But it is kind of like a trail run and I am unfamiliar how to run those so I would only use it as a training run.

Paul is planning on running the Green Bay Marathon on the 3rd weekend in May so that is a possibility. The Wisconsin Marathon is on the 1st weekend of May and is local so maybe there. I just don't know.

Well, your guess may be as good as mine. Stay tuned and we will find out together.

1 comment:

Running Diva Mom said...

I'm feeling a bit lost too not having signed up for much yet. But it will come. Can I convince u to come do madison on memorial day weekend? They change it every year, so I don't know what to expect. I would like to do the half. Don't think I can do the full this year?! Maybe?!