Sunday, February 1, 2009

Josh Cox

No running today but some running news. I decided since I still had my wristband on today from the Great Lakes MultiSport and Running Expo, that I would take Melissa and try to get some notes down on what I should take before the marathon and during the marathon. I went to the InStep exhibit but they guy I spoke to was not there today.

Melissa was able to have some fun though. They had a little area where kids could race about 40 meters or so and be timed, so Melissa was all over this. She raced it and was given a certificate. This was a little of a humorous certificate. It says "Congratulations Melissa for running the Marathon Dreams. You ran a 2 Hr. 52 Min. MARATHON!" Wow is she fast!!! I think they take her time and the distance and multiply it as if she ran that pace for an entire marathon. She had so much fun that she ran the race another 6 or so times. She even had to run one more as they were taking the exhibit down.

While she was running the first through 4th times, I looked over at the stage where the speakers had their talks and noticed that Josh Cox was sitting there talking to a few people but not a crowd around at all. He had just did a talk about 1 hour earlier. Josh Cox ran in the Olympic Marathon Trials and just 2 weeks ago, ran a American Record for 50K in mere 2 Hr. 47 Min. Not bad for 31 miles of work. I talked with him for a few minutes about all sorts of stuff. He is a real nice and gracious guy. He even autographed a picture for Melissa.

No comments: