Monday, December 1, 2008

Once again I write as I am watching a Christmas movie, this time it is "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on ABC family. I don't like this one as much as the original Cartoon with Boris Karloff, but it is still OK.

It started to snow yesterday and continued most of the night. Woke up this morning to about 4" of blowing and drifting snow. I got up, started the snow blower (only took about 14 pulls this time) and took are of the driveway before I left for work.

My run today called for 5 miles on the hills loop. It was icy and snowy out but no problem for only 5. Just have to take it a bit easier and watch the footing. Pace went OK and I felt good despite the cold.

I was able to see Paul today. Yesterday he ran the Space Coast Marathon in Florida. He was quite psyched when he found out he took 5th in his age group. He will be running the Icebreaker Marathon with me in January.

I did some more Christmas decorating on Sunday and we sent out Christmas Cards today. I know it is early but since we moved last February, we didn't let everyone know the new address. So in the card was a little note giving the new address. Also, everyone who hasn't seen the princesses recently is always asking for a new picture so I included this one. Melissa is the oldest sitting in the middle, she is 6 now. Megan is on the left and is 4. Katelynn on the right is 3. They are so looking forward to Santa coming. Melissa is even memorizing a 3 page musical for her school Christmas service. She has been working at it for a few weeks and has a few more paragraphs to go. Wish her luck!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thanks for your kind comment about my hip injury and your thoughts and prayers. It does really suck. But in the end, I know I've got many more races ahead of me. It's just hard to let go of this one, but it'll be ok.