Monday, March 16, 2009

Beautiful Day

The weather today was great. It was about 60 and sunny. Sounds like great weather for a nice easy run. So after my Chiropractic appointment (just a regular update) I went on a 6 1/2 mile run near my old house. I took it easy and just enjoyed the weather. 8:32 pace was just fine with me and I built up a nice sweat even with running in shorts and a short sleeve T-shirt. I love this weather!

It is also March Madness time. I know some of you don't like this time of year, but I just love the Tournament! My 2 state teams are in, Marquette and Wisconsin. I have been going to Marquette games since I was about 7 years old so they are my team but Wisconsin is a close 2nd. Marquette was was well into a great season until they had an injury to one of their 3 stars. They were ranked #8 and then 4 minutes into a game against UConn, the injury happened. they played tough but lost a close one and then lost more close ones to Louisville, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Villanova, all 3 seeds or higher. That is the way the ball bounces though, so now I hope they can win a few. They are still a great team, just need to learn to finish those close ones. Let the Madness Begin!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Marquette is definately a force and possible cinderella. It is quite likly Mizzou will play them. We'll still be friends! Go Tigers!
The weather's great down here, too.