Friday, January 9, 2009

A Redeption Run

After work today, I went to the Chiropractor for another adjustment. My back is starting to feel better but I still need a few more to untwist it. He also adjusted my wrist. I didn't even know you could do that. My wrist is feeling a lot better. The spot I landed on it is almost completely better and the sprain is getting there. My mobility is about 80% not but if I go to extremes, I can still feel the sprain. Another few days and it should be close to new.

After the adjustment, I went to Pettit for a 5 mile run. It snowed about 6 to 8 inches today and I am a little skittish about an outside run (with the fall still fresh) and since I was only about 2 miles from Pettit, I decided to run there.

I started out at a good pace of 8:04 for the first mile. At this point I was still feeling good so I decided to try to keep up the 8:00 pace for the entire 5 miles and turn it into a Tempo Run. Mile 2 was about 8:02. I kept this pace for the next 2 miles and then took the last mile at about 7:20. Final pace average was 7:54. It felt good to run a little faster again. This is about on average 1 minute per mile faster than I plan on running during The Icebreaker.

Tomorrow's plan is 8 miles easy and then full taper next week. Maybe 2 or 3 short easy runs and then Saturday is the race. Let's hope all goes well.

One last thing. On the radio on the way home, I heard about a video to go see on YouTube. I saw it and I recommend everyone to go watch it. It is 5 little girls, I was told they are all 6, 7, & 8 years old singing the National Anthem. It is the most amazing video, they harmonize so well and sing perfectly. It was sung before a Texas Tech Basketball Game. Go to YouTube and search under Texas Tech National Anthem or maybe this link will work.

No comments: