Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another "Training Run" Marathon

Another 2 days of good runs. Monday was 7 miles and today was hills again with Mike. This time 6 reps. Not exactly the type of training runs you do the week before a marathon, is it? Saturday is the Trailbreaker Marathon that I plan on running. I plan on running the same as I have the last 3 times, strictly as a long training run. The course doesn't lend itself to a fast time but I like the course for a training run. The first 11 and final 9 miles are all on a paved bike trail with little, gradual elevation gain/loss, but the middle 6 miles is on a grass trail, over some muddy area, through some woods on a skinny dirt trail fill of large wet stones and a gain of about 250 feet. Oh, did I forget that when you get to the top of the hill, you have a 40 foot observation tower to climb? It is definitely a unique race. My friends Mike, Paul, and Chris also plan on running so I will have a few people to see as I pass them on their way back. The course is almost a perfect out and back except for the first mile so I will see all of them somewhere. I don't plan on running fast as these middle miles can take a lot out of you. Maybe between 9:00 to 9:30 pace on the way out. Super easy on the trails to the tower and back and then see how I feel after I get back on the paved trail. The past 2 years I have run 4:16 each year so I assume I will be somewhere near there again. Sounds like a good training run to me. Keep on Running!!!

1 comment:

Mark said...

That sure sounds like a cool marathon