Friday, April 1, 2011

Back to Running?

My oldest daughter, Melissa, is back in the running game! Yesterday, we took her to InStep Running and Walking Center to buy her a new pair of running shoes. She still had a $50 gift certificate that she won at the WELS Kids Marathon so with that and the 30% off the shoes were discounted at, the price came to just under $30. Yeah, this place is pretty expensive but they have great service in getting the right shoe. Later that day, we ran over to the high school track about a 1/4 mile away and did some laps. She ended up doing a little over 2 miles. Not bad since this was her first run since last fall. There are a few 5K's she wants to do this spring so she is going to try to get back in shape. As for me, I didn't run today. Tomorrow I will be running the Trailbreaker Marathon in Waukesha, WI. As I said before, I am only running this as a training run. It rained a little today which means the off road portion of the race will be wet, and in some areas, muddy. uugghh. And since it is an out and back, we will run past it twice. So, nothing like a good long run to start the weekend tomorrow morning. Keep on Running!!!

No comments: