Friday, April 8, 2011

Now Some Rest

A couple more good runs and now a little needed rest. On Wednesday, I ran on the track with Melissa. She ran on and off while I ran 4x800 with 200 meter jog between. I was happy that my times for the first 2 were at 3:20 and the second 2 were at about 3:10 all with only 1:20 jog rest. I had to dodge a few middle school kids as there were 2 different schools on the track practicing. I was able to talk to each of the head coaches though and invite their schools to the WELS Kids Marathon. I have not heard yet if they do want in though I have emailed them.

I didn't run yesterday as 2 of my daughters were Munchkins. Yes, their school was producing the musical The Wizard of Oz and their classes were all cast as Munchkins. They were so cute and sang really well. And as usual, I forgot the camera, GGRRRRrrrrrrrr.

I don't have a chance on Saturday to run so I decided to do my long run today after work. I ended up running 14 miles and surprised myself by doing it at 8:53 pace. I wanted to take it easy and for the most part, it was. But my right knee was really acting up some and my left was a little sore. Now I plan on taking the weekend off and really resting the legs. After last weekends marathon and the good workouts this week, I am going to try hard to not do much. Not sure it will happen.

The weather is starting to get warmer here and more and more runners are venturing out. Welcome Back!

Keep on Running!!!

No comments: