Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A New Toy

Last May I ran the Fargo Marathon and that was the last run my Garmin Forerunner 201 was usable. I was able to see my final time but not able to see my mile splits. Since then, the only time I have been able to use a Garmin on a run was the couple times I borrowed Mike's for a few races.

Do I need a Garmin to run with? No, but I certainly like some of the features they provide. So I finally broke down, went to Amazon, and bought the Garmin Forerunner 305. I haven't even used it yet. I put in some of the setting but haven't even synced up with the satellites yet. This Garmin has a few more features that my last one didn't. Not sure if I will use them, but it has them. This one has a heart rate monitor and software, my last one didn't. This one has mapping capability and elevation, my last one didn't. I am sure I will play with those but will I use them? Time will tell. I hope to start using it tomorrow.

I think I got a pretty good deal on it too. It was $127.99 with free shipping. It says it's usually price is $299, but I know better.

Funny thing about Amazon. I have bought a few things from there and something seems to happen often. The box that was sent to me was so incredibly larger than was needed it was funny. The Garmin box was about 5" x 5" x 5". The box that was sent to my was something like 8" x 10" x 18", it was huge! You would think they would have a smaller box than that. Lots of air pillows inside. I guess I can't complain though, it does look intact.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Sounds like a great deal! I love my 305!!