Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Call Me Crazy . . . Again

I told you all a couple posts ago that I was contemplating doing something crazy again. Today I signed up!

I am doing 2 marathons in 1 weekend again. This time, along with Paul, Mike will be joining us.


So when are we doing this? January 8th and 9th! January 8th is the Mississippi Blues Marathon in Jackson, MS and the BankTrust First Light Marathon in Mobile, AL. Turns out there is a partnership between these 2 marathons that if you sign up for both, you get 20% off both registration fees. You also get special recognition and awards. I have no idea what special recognitions or awards really mean, but I do like that I get to mark off 2 more states.


I wasn't planning on running these 2 marathon until about a week ago or so. If you remember, I was on the waiting list for the Zoom Ya Ya Indoor Marathon but after contacting the race director, it looked like my chances of making it in were slim so I decided to join Mike & Paul.

A short 2 weeks after these 2 marathon, I do have the Icebreaker Indoor Marathon in Milwaukee so I am starting the year off with A LOT of marathons. I think a break will be in order when they are done!

3 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, Bill! Sounds like a great way to kick off the new year!

Running Diva Mom said...

Holy smokes -- you are insane!

Beth said...

Gee whiz! That will be a great adventure! I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it.