Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Back to Running

I went on a run after work today and I surprisingly felt good. Mike and I went 5 miles and I was, without too much effort, able to maintain a sub 9 minute pace. I did feel the marathon still in the legs but not too much. I think what helped is my mind wasn't on the run but on our conversation amongst a variety of topics. Since today in the Midterm Election, we did talk politics. Mike and I are somewhat on different sides of the political fence, but we can still discuss without arguing or any nasty words. I only wish the true politicians could do the same.

Did I vote? You bet I did! I am a firm believer in not only the right to vote, but the duty to vote. Just make sure you know what you are voting for. You do need to do your homework.

On a different note, today it was someones Birthday at work. And like in a lot of offices, we had a "bring some treats" party. While I like these days, I hate these days. The reason is that I eat waaaaaaaayyyyy to much. I have no self control. Cheese, Sausage, Chips, Cookies, bars, pie, uuhhgggg. I ate to much pie, it was sooooooo good. I think I needed to run 15 miles, not 5 miles to burn off all the calories I consumed.

I do have some pictures from the Haunted Hustle Marathon already. Here they are:

This was at about 15 miles. I was running with Sandy at the time. We chatted a bit, she is a very nice lady.



I am not sure where this was. Maybe near mile 18?



I think this was a little after Mile 20. You can't see it in the picture, but I was beginning to get really tired here.




Here I am crossing the finish line. Do you like the scary creature we had to run under at the finish line? Also, you can't see her, but right behind me is the bumble bee lady.

I also have been reading a few more race reports from others who have run either the Haunted Hustle full or half marathon. I may have even made a few new Blog Friends. I met a lady named Jamie, she seems like a really cool lady and a cool runner. I hope to read more from her. Good Luck Jamie!

1 comment:

Running Diva Mom said...

Hey - you're pretty cool too! Always nice to find other running bloggers in the area! Very strong looking photos. Great job!

So glad you sent me a message about the Icebreaker. I decided today that I'd like to do (at least) one half marathon every month next year (totally doable). And I'd like most of them to be organized races, which is hard to find in the Winter months here. My husband and I were just talking today about doing the Icebreaker Indoor Half. He signed up last year, but got sick and couldn't attend. Do you know of any discount codes or anything? I'm also open to anything other suggestions you can send my way!! Please also pass along the info on the kids race. My daughter loves to run with me!