Monday, March 29, 2010

Recovery Run, not Quite

I did a recovery run today after work that didn't feel anything like a recovery run. It sort of felt like the last few miles of a marathon. Mike joined me for 5 miles and my quads were tight and sore. Should I have run? Maybe not, but it was a nice afternoon and it was good to at least get out there. It certainly wasn't fast. We averaged about 8:55 per mile. The best part was that we finally got on the bike trail for the first time this spring. I like the trail because it is crushed limestone so it is softer on the legs.

There are a few more races that I am eyeing up in the spring and in the fall. Some are local and some are a bit of a drive away. Some may be training runs and some might be for a fast time. Some might be 5K's and some as long a marathons. Am I being a bit vague here? Sure, but here is a hint, it might involve the states of Wisconsin, North Dakota, Iowa, Michigan, and Tennessee. Stay tuned and I will tell you all about it.

1 comment:

misszippy said...

Hmmmm. Should be interesting!