Friday, September 11, 2009

Tomorrow is the Kid's Marathon

Busy Busy Busy

Than has been my week so far. The Kid's Marathon is tomorrow and I have been replying to emails, coordinating volunteers, picking up the medals, water bottles, safety pins, water cups, etc etc etc. list goes on and one. I am glad I have this week off because if I didn't, I don't think I would be able to pull it off. I do have other committee members helping me get ready as well, so it is not all up to me.

I still have to make the CD for all the music I plan on playing during the event. I will do that tonight as well as stuff almost 200 goody bags will all the fun things the kids will all receive. They will all get a jump rope, a glow ball, an inspirational book, water bottle, sponsor sheet, Quench Gum, and other small things. I think most will enjoy what they receive.

I will be up at 6AM loading the van with all the stuff and be at the facility at 7AM to start setting up with the other committee members. Good thing I got my sort of long run in this morning.

Speaking of running, after last weeks killer miles, I took it very easy this week. So easy that I didn't even run until yesterday when I did 5 miles at 8:39 pace. The legs still need to recover from the monster week and the stress of the Kid's Marathon doesn't help either I suppose.

Today I went for a run at 9:15AM. It was sunny, humid and didn't seem too hot, that is until I was 5 or so miles into it. I decided to run a course near my house and I wasn't sure how long it was until I was done. I decided to run very easy. It was a somewhat hilly course and I knew that so that is another reason I took it easy. By mile 3 I was soaked with sweat as the sun was beating down and when running past the farm fields, there was not much relief from it. After 8 miles, my legs felt a little better and I finished good. The course ended up being 11 1/2 miles and I an it in an average of 9:25. I did not feel all that good throughout it, but oh well, that goes with marathon training.

I will try to get some miles in on Sunday otherwise my week will only be 16 1/2 miles, much less than the 59 from last week.

Well, I hope I didn't screw up too much in this post. I wrote it very quickly as it feels like I have a million more things to do today and tonight.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Good luck with the Kids Marathon! You are doing a great work!