Friday, September 4, 2009

Tired Legs, This is Good!!!

My legs are now sufficiently tired for tomorrows half marathon and 5 mile warm up. I wanted them tired so I could get them used to running fatigued and they are now fatigued. I ran 14 1/2 miles at mid morning today. It was not cold but not warm (lower 70's) but it was sunny and that added to the heat. I ran a route out 7 1/4 and back. Out was in 1 hour 3 minutes 30 seconds. Back was 1 hour 3 minutes 21 seconds. Pretty consistent, huh. That comes out to an 8:49 pace. But the important thing is that I had to work it some and that tired me out.

Tomorrow morning, Chris is picking me up at 4:45 AM. Nothing but stars will be shining and maybe the full moon. We are going to run 5 miles before the Lake Country Half Marathon in Oconomowoc, WI. Nice name for a city, isn't it. Lots of Indian names for cities out here. (Milwaukee, Waukesha, Menomonee Falls, Cheniqua, Meguon, it keeps going on and on). I will then meet up with Greg who will be running his first ever half marathon starting at 7:00 AM. The plan is to pace him through the half marathon at 8:45 to 9:00 pace. We plan on starting at 9 for the first 2 miles and then picking it up. I certainly hope by mile 8, 9 & 10, I can keep up. Ordinarily this would be no problem, but I will be up to the mid 50's in miles at that time. That is a lot for me. Under 2 should be no problem for Greg but the longest race he has run before was 10 miles so you never know. Laura from my work will also be running the half. She is on the verge of breaking 2 hours herself. Maybe tomorrow is the day!

Have a nice Labor Day Weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Have fun! Sounds like things are going good!