Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ka-rappy Weather

Good News, it didn't snow all that much yesterday. I woke up to no snow on the ground but it snow was coming down. They were big flakes but the ground was too warm and they all melted upon hitting. That was good since I am ready for no more snow for at least 6 months.

Yesterday though, was crappy weather through and through. It was cold, windy, and rainy. The hat trick of crappy weather. Did it stop me from running? Almost. After work, I looked outside and came very close to not going out. It was raining a little, it was windy, and it was about 39F as well. I knew I was not running on Wednesday (today) so I forced myself out in it for a 5 1/2 mile run. Once I stepped outside, I thought about going right back in as the wind and light rain hit me and it was cold. I made a conscience decision to just get going and so I did. After about a 1/2 mile, the rain stopped and it was bearable. then at about 3 miles, it started again. By the end, it was coming down somewhat good. I had planned on going easy but since I just wanted to get done, i ran it a bit faster and did it at an average of 8:15 per mile. It was all good.

My friend Mike and I are planning on going to a Milwaukee Brewers game next week. We can get half priced tickets and we try to go to at least one game per year. We missed out last year when we had tickets to a playoff game but could not attend as we were in Minneapolis for the Twin Cities Marathon. I am looking forward to the game as when we go, it is a good time of just talking and watching sports in a wonderful atmosphere. If you are ever in Milwaukee, I recommend a game at Miller Park. It is a very nice stadium and very comfortable to watch a game at. I just wish the Brewers were doing better this year. At least they won tonight.

Mike is a Graphic Artist and has created a logo for me for the Kids Marathon I am organizing. He just sent me the first draft and I must say, it looks pretty cool. I will share it with you all when we finalize it. It will be on all the forms we send out as well as on the Tshirts. I am not sure if I can get the logo on the medal we will present, but perhaps we can make it work.

No comments: