Sunday, March 11, 2012

Something I Have Never Done Before

In all my years of life, I have never done this, nor did I ever expect that I would. What is it? I shaved my leg. Well, not both legs, and not my entire leg, but my right leg about 6 inched below and above my knee. I didn't exactly "want" to do this, I sort of did it out of necessity of not wanting pain. Good Reason, right?

My physical therapy on my IT Band began last Wednesday and one of the things my therapist did was put special tape on my leg. Ahhhh, the reason for the shaving. She told me that I would be getting more tape the next few appointments so I may want to shave off the hair. The one piece of tape she put on the first day was enough to get me to comply. I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to wax anything, that hurt like hell having it torn off.

My therapist did feel that I did not have the IT torn which is good news. She did say some things in there were out of place so she will be working on putting them in the right place. Shae felt that I was lucky this didn't happen soon but because I had strong leg muscles, I was able to skate by. Not anymore. I will be allowed to run again pretty soon but only short distances at first. Maybe 1 or 2 miles at a time.

In the mean time, I have begun to do a little walking. Friday evening, my daughter Melissa invited a friend to go ice skating with at the Pettit Center so I decided to go for a little walk. I did a 5K on the track and SMOKED it in just under 48 minutes. LOL Oh well, it was exercise and got me moving so not too bad. I did get another 2 mile walk in Saturday and if I am not allowed to run soon, I may continue this. Not my favorite activity, but it gets me out there, Maybe help with those couple pounds I have gained the last 7 weeks or so since I last ran.

Next appointment for me and my hairless right knee is Monday morning.

Keep on Running!!!

No comments: