Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baby Steps

I have now gotten in 3 runs of 2 miles each. Doesn't sound like a lot but after 8 weeks basically off, it is something. No pain either which is good too. I have a PT appointment tomorrow so maybe she will allow me to bumpup the miles some. I hope so.

I can tell you I have lost some fitness. I feel more winded at the end of a run that I normally would feel. I assume this will go away in a week or so of regular running, but I guess we will see.

I will be missing a marathon that I have run the last 4 years. It is the Trailbreaker Marathon only about 12 miles from my home. It is a cheap race with not many thrills and it is a pretty tough course for about 6 miles (rocky, muddy, and hilly trails) so in the past I have always run this one as a training run. I do have some friends planning on running (Mike, Paul, Chris, Brandi) so i will be there to cheer them on as well as advertise the new Heatbreaker Half Marathon taking place this summer at The Pettit Center.

So the latest report is low miles but no pain. Let's hope this continues, well, not the low miles part, but keep the no pain!

Keep on Running!!!

No comments: