Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Made It To A Social

It has been hot here in Wisconsin this week. That has made it more difficult to keep up the motivation and the energy to run. But I am done my best to keep up the pace and the goal.

Tuesday was hills. This time I did 6 reps up and all faster than the last time so I was pleased with that. Tuesday wasn't extremely hot, just hot. Wednesday was extremely hot and humid. I ran during my daughters soccer practice at 5:30 and it was still 93F, sunny and humid. I somehow got in 7 miles though they were quite slow.

Today I only did 3 1/2 miles. I joined my racing teams monthly social. I haven't been able to go to this social ever until today and I picked a day where not many showed up, only 5 of us ran. A lot of the guys on the team are extremely fast runners, one guy who ran today does a 5K in 15:20 and another runs a marathon in 2:42. Needless to say, I didn't run with them for too long. I ended up running with Jamie who is the InStep store manager and who runs a marathon at about 4 hours, just my pace. We chatted and got to know each other a bit more so it was a nice run along the lakefront. After the run, we all talked in the store for awhile so I got to know so of the others on the team more.

The weather calls for the hot to continue but only upper 80's to lower 90's and the humidity to stay high. I plan on taking Friday off before a long run on Saturday morning, early morning to stay out of as much heat as I can.

July Quest for 200 Miles Update: 99.2 miles complete, 100.8 miles to go.

No comments: