Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday Morning 10

I decided to sleep in on Saturday morning. This is something I don’t do very often. Saturday mornings are usually reserved for a long run while Sundays are up by 8:00 for Church. Weekdays work. So I slept in and the rest of the day, I felt tired. I guess I got too much sleep.

I did get up early on Sunday at about 5:30 for my longer run. I went to the track and ran 10 miles in an average of 8:28. It felt good. I know you must be wondering why I ran 10 miles on the track, am I crazy or something? Well, I woke up and wanted to run right away. Usually I wake up and have about 1 hour before I run to let the body do its thing before I go. Then I feel safe to go with out any incidents while out there. Well, there are portolets at the track so no worries if problems arise. 4 miles in and a quick stop and back to running I was. My apologies if that grosses you out at all, but if you run a lot, most likely you can relate.

So I ended up with 37 or 38 miles for the week right where I wanted to be. I could have easily run more but I am looking to increase miles not dramatically. Next week should be around 40 or a bit higher.

I did take Melissa out for a run at the Family Fun Run Sunday evening. We ran a whole mile and didn’t stop running the entire way. Now, she didn’t stop complaining, but she did run the whole time. This was the first time she ran an entire mile and she did it in 11:42 so I guess she can now call that her PR. She is only 7 after all.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Great running week, Bill. Great 10 miler, too.