Monday, November 21, 2011

D3 Cross Country and a Monday Long Run

It was a pretty busy week last week and weekend so I wasn't able to get in all the running I would have liked to. I did get in 2 different runs with my daughter and a run with Mike on the track, but the weekend was absent of running.

Well, absent of running by me. On Saturday, I did take my daughter and drive up to Oshkosh to watch the NCAA Division 3 National Cross Country Championships that was being hosted by my Alma Mater, UW-Oshkosh. She had never been to a top level Cross Country meet before and just loved watching all the really fast runners and teams competing. We cheered on UW-Oshkosh as much as we could where the Men finished in 5th place and the lone Oshkosh woman runner took 2nd place overall.

Since I did not get in a long run over the weekend and I am off of work this whole week, I decided to get in a longer run this morning. I traveled to the lakefront and ran a bike trail I like to run a few times a year. It was great weather for running this morning, overcast and about 40 with a bit of wind. It turned out to be a good 15 miles today averaging 8:38 pace with every mile under 9:00. I felt pretty good the entire way. I did get nervous a bit a few miles in when I realized I forgot to take a salt packet before I left. I kept going and made sure I took one when I finished so no cramping and the muscles still feel good.

Thursday is the Talmer Turkey Trot. I think Melissa is ready to run 4 miles without stopping, she is confident.

Also, congrats to the University of Wisconsin Badgers Cross Country team for winning the NCAA Division 1 Cross Country Championships today.

Keep on Running!!!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Good job. Bill!

Beth said...

Great idea to go to the CC Championships. That sounds like a lot of fun! Glad your long run was good and cramp free. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!