Monday, September 12, 2011

Inconsistency

Since I started coaching my daughters Cross Country team, my running workouts have been inconsistent. I try to get my runs in with the team but they are not my normal runs as sometimes I am coordinating the workout instead of running in. Today we did a 3 mile Fartlek run. The kids are liking doing not the usual just go out for a run workouts. I work them hard and have had a few rewarding moments already. The first meet in Wednesday.

I did get in a good 3 by 1 mile workout with mike last week. My splits were 6:46, 6:53, and 6:15, each with about 4 1/2 minutes rest. Then on Saturday, I got in 14 miles in a Jeckly & Hyde workout. I started the first 8 miles at an average pace of 9:27 feeling sluggish. Then the last 6 miles were all under 9:00 and I finished with an average pace of 9:07. I wanted to get under that 9:09 (4 hour marathon) average pace.

Tomorrow, Mike and I will hit the track for a few 800 repeats. This weekend is the second of the "Jennipede" training runs. Only 2 1/2 weeks until the World record attempt. It will be a blast.

As inconsistent as I have been, I continue to train and hope for the best. A little problem with my left foot right now. As I get older, I seem to keep getting these little problems that don't seem so little at the time, then they go away only to be replaced by a different little problem. Some last a few days or weeks, some last months upon months. Life goes on though, pain free or not.

Keep on Running!!!

No comments: