Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Hazy Shade of Intervals

There is a very large forest fire in Northern Minnesota, almost 400 miles away from where I am. How would this affect me. Well, suddenly in the mid morning, everyone in the area could smell smoke and there was a haze in the air. Seems the smoke from the fires have moved all the way down here. Kind of weird.

After work was a scheduled interval workout at the local track and I was hoping the smoke wouldn't affect me. It was not very heavy at all, just a light hazer and a slight odor, nothing like running in the autumn when neighbors are burning their leaves, but I was still hoping for no issues. Good new, no problems at all. I was able to get in 4 sets of 800's with 1:30 jog rest between intervals. It felt good.

The haze should continue tomorrow but sounds like it will be less. Good thing since it s my daughters first Cross Country race of the season.

Keep on Running!!!

No comments: