Monday, June 27, 2011

Another Running First

The funny thing about this new Running First is that is actually happened almost 4 years ago. Well sort of.

Here is the picture of what I am talking about:


As you can see, it is an entry form for the 2011 Lake Country Half Marathon that takes place on Labor Day weekend here in the Milwaukee area. It is actually a very beautiful half marathon course that I ran 2 years ago. But is you look closely, you will see a guy on the right side of the sheet pushing a jog stroller. That guy happens to be me.


This would be the first time I have ever (at least knowingly) been pictured on the cover of an entry form/advertising form for a race. I didn't even get this in the mail, a friend of mine saw it and saved it for me. Another friend saw it too and mentioned it to me.

Here is another funny thing, the picture is of me pushing my youngest daughter, Katelynn, who is now almost 6 years old. She barely fits in the jog stiller anymore. She was just under 2 years old when that picture was taken. And I wasn't running the half marathon that day, I was running the 5K since I had done a long run the day before. it worked well for me though, it was a Jog Stroller 5K PR for me that day and I took 10th place overall, 2nd in my age group. And she loved running with me, she still does even as little as we still go out.

Keep on Running!!!

No comments: