Monday, February 21, 2011

Rain, Ice, Snow, Repeat

We had some more weird weather here in Wisconsin on Sunday. About 10 miles north, they had 5 to 7 inches of very heavy, wet snow. Where I live, we got sleet, followed by some snow, followed by rain, followed by snow, then rain, then snow, then rain, etc. I had to go out 3 times to the driveway and shovel off about an inch of slush. Good thing I did this as it got cold last night and it all froze. The driveways that did not clear off while it was slush, all turned to ice. The parking lot where I work had 1 to 2 inches thick of ice. At least it wasn't the slippery ice, well, some of it was, but it was rough ice so not too many problems with falls.

This did not stop Mike and I from running after work. Once on the roads though, the salt did its job and while there was some ice, it was mostly wet and partly slushy. It was cold with the wind but we got in a good 4 miles at 9:00 pace.

I don't plan on running a lot this week since I have the Maple Leaf Indoor Marathon this weekend so short easy runs are on the schedule. Maybe a short tempo on Wednesday, but that is it. It is about a 4 hour drive to Goshen, IN so no running on Friday as well. I am going to leave work early to try to get past Chicago without too much traffic, if that is even possible. But also in case there is a lot of traffic, I am hopefully giving myself enough extra time.

Hopefully the weather warms some so the ice can go away, but this is Wisconsin and it is Winter, so we get what we get.

Keep on Running!

No comments: