Thursday, February 24, 2011

NASCAR and Running

I am not really a NASCAR fan but I was watching the final laps of the Daytona 500 the other day. (Amazing how that 20 year old won the race.) But it made me think abut my upcoming race, the Maple Leaf Indoor Marathon.

The Daytona 500 is a race that takes 200 laps to complete. The Maple Leaf Indoor Marathon takes 204 laps to complete. Hmmm 4 extra laps for me. Wonder what it would be like if the drivers in the Daytona 500 had to switch directions every 30 minutes? Anyways, it made me think about both races.

I will be leaving tomorrow to drive the 4 or so hours to Goshen, Indiana. I add "or so" because you never know what Chicago traffic will be like. I plan on getting down there a little after noon so maybe it will be somewhat lighter than hell. Also, Chicago is forecasted for some snow, but it should end by mid morning. We will see.

Keep on Running!

No comments: