Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer has begun, how about a run!

Saturday morning was my long run for the week. I have now started the build up this summer but I didn't want to build up the miles too quickly, so I only ran 16 Saturday. A total of 36 miles for the week. The goal was to run easy. It was a bit foggy and it looked like it could rain at any moment the entire run but it didn't. I ended up running quite well and averaged 8:56 for the run. I was a bit surprised by this but it was a pleasant surprise. It certainly didn't feel like sub 9 pace, more like 9:15.

Sunday I ended up going down to South Milwaukee for a group run put on by my friend Greg as a part of the Kids Marathon. About 10 or so kids showed up and a few parents as well. Greg and I ended up running a short 1 mile warm up and then did 4X400 at about 1:53 each. This was Greg's first run of the the year so he didn't want to take it too hard but he did quite well. Some of the kids ended up running up to 3 miles, my Melissa ran 2 miles.

I have been working quite a lot on the Kids Marathon over the past few weeks so I have not been able to Blog as much as I usually do. My apologies to my few loyal readers. I should be able to do better soon but in the mean time, we are finishing up the registration process. I will give an update on the kids marathon soon. Some very exciting news on it!

Today was the first week of my annual Volleyball league. I have been playing with my friend Terry for about 15 years now. We don't play as well as we used to but it is still fun. Just like last year, I take this day to go on my mid week longer run. No exception today. I ended up going 10 miles after the match. It felt really good as I ran 8:34 pace. It was a nice evening for a run. Good temps, partly cloudy, slight wind.

Summer has begun, how about a run!

No comments: