Saturday, June 26, 2010

Humid and Lots of Sweat

It wasn't what I would call "hot" this morning but it was very humid. I went to Mike's house so we could run the hills of outer East Troy. It seemed like a good day to get a somewhat longer run in but with lots of hills since one of the marathons I am planning on running this fall is insanely and ridiculously hilly. Today was a good preview since there was very little flat ground we ran on. We ended up getting in 13 1/4 miles at 9:20 pace which was fine with me. Mike likes to go faster but he is trying to heal a sore hamstring so my pace was fine.

This week has been good so far. I have in 41.4 miles so that is a nice increase from the last 2 weeks but not too much. I didn't want to go further because of that reason. July is looking like a big mileage month for me, at least that is what I am planning on. A few small races but nothing I am going to taper or anything for. Right now the goal is to get to 200 miles in July. I am not sure I have ever ran 200 miles in 1 month before so this may be a first. July works out well for this goal since there are 5 Saturday's. Barring some unforeseen injury, I am confident I can do it.

Side Note: We ran past Alpine Valley Music Theater on the run this morning. Jimmy Buffet is playing there tonight so all the Parrot Heads are in town. Should be one heck of a party in East Troy tonight!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Great running, Bill!