Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week in Review

I have been a horrible blogger recently. I have been (mostly) keeping up on my reading of blogs, but I haven't written a post in a week now. I have been so busy with work and Kids Marathon stuff, time just gets away.

So here is my week in review quickly.

I have been working a lot on the WELS Kids Marathon that I direct. This week I finalized the design ordered shirts, I finalized the design and ordered medals, submitted the insurance, and completed a few sponsors. Others on my committee have been really busy with other sponsors and letting me know their opinions of the shirt and medals. We also planned and scheduled 3 group fun runs for the kids who still need to get in some miles before the final mile on August 27th. It is going to be such a cool final event, I can't wait!

I ran everyday this past week. While I am not a "streaker" by any means, I am up to 8 straight days. Sunday was the Challenge Nation Race. I will post my report on that one soon.

If you haven't heard, we have had a real heat wave in the upper Midwest as well as other parts of the country. I know you guys in the south must be thinking "Hey, that is every day for us all summer", but we are not as used to it as you guys. Kind of like you in the winter when it gets a little cold and snowy. Temps here have been between 90to 100 everyday with the dew point near 80 so super humid. Heat indexes everyday from 100 to 115. Didn't stop me from running. If you run carefully, it will make you a stronger runner.

Monday was the hardest day. 5 miles after work and it was about 96 with a heat index at about 110. I took it very slow. A few coworkers of mine saw me and said I looked terrible. I have news for them, I felt terrible too!

Tuesday was a 6 miler on the track while my daughter had practice. Wednesday was the hottest day here and I ran before work. Not as hot (maybe 80) but I was soaked a half mile into the run from sweat. Thursday another 7 miler, Friday and easy 5 1/2 and Saturday was an early morning 13.2 miler. Still humid!

Why so many miles? July is my big month to work on endurance. My goal is 200 miles for the month and I am at 158.4 so far. It is already my largest mileage month of the year and I have a week to go.

I know it is hot almost everywhere so do you best to stay hydrated and get out and do a few easy miles. Have fun and jump in a pool after your run if possible. Wish I had one!

Keep on Running!!!

No comments: