Friday, October 15, 2010

Final Tune-Up

Yesterday, I went out for my last run before the marathon and the goal was a super easy 3 miles along the river in Waukesha. I took it very easy and it felt very easy. I never felt like I was pushing it and I just enjoyed the scenery. The good news (or bad news depending on how you look at it) was that I went a little fast for what I wanted to accomplish. I ended up running 8:31 pace. I don't think I pushed it too hard since it felt very easy and I didn't push the pace at all. I am going to take it as that I am fully tapered and ready to run 8:30 pace for the full marathon.

The forecast is looking really good. Sunny but 43 at the start and 53 when I plan on finishing. Winds in the single digits. Good friends to run with as well. I will report back on Sunday evening or Monday morning.

No comments: