Tuesday, October 6, 2009

4 Days To Go

I am trying to get extra sleep this week. Normally during the week, I get somewheres between 6 and 7 hours, but this week I really should get 8+ so I will try to get to bed early tonight.

Am I ready for the marathon this weekend? I sure hope so. I know I can run 26.2 miles. I know I can run it in under 4 hours. But knowing and doing are 2 entirely different things. I have proven that the last 8 or so marathons I have run. Each time I knew I could break 4 hours and each time I didn't. There were a variety of reasons as to why it did not happen but it all comes down to the fact that I just didn't get it done. I have trained hard this summer. Not as hard as I could have, but hard none-the-less. I will try to run smart to take my breaks where needed and not go out too fast.

The weather looks quite interesting as of now for Ashland, Wisconsin on Saturday. The low the night before is forecasted at 30F (Brrrrrrr) and a high of only 42F. I am not upset about this because if you have read my blog in the past, you will remember that I like it cold. It get interesting because the forecast also calls for some rain (and maybe snow) and 15 mph winds. Good news, the wind is suppose to come FROM the West and the race is a point to point course going mostly FROM the West to the East. I am not going to dwell on this forecast too much as we are still quite a ways away from Saturday and this WILL change. But I will be prepared for the worst.

I leave Friday morning for the 6 1/2 hour drive. One more run planned for tomorrow, an easy 3 miler or so. I ran 4 yesterday and it felt very easy so I hope that is a good sign though the legs feel a little tired. 4 days to rest them up.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Good luck, Bill. You have trained hard and well this year. I sure hope the weather is where you like it and you get the sleep you need.