Saturday, April 7, 2012

Biggest Week So Far

At least it is my biggest week since I took off from running. I got in just over 28 miles with 5 total runs in. Some good, some not so good.

Tuesday started with a very poor run with Mike after work. I felt very tired and very slow. I think Mike was a bit annoyed by my slowness but kept it in check ... at least for then.

Wednesday was a pretty cool run. I ran with my daughter and we planned 3 miles. After 1 mile, she told me she was feeling really good. After 2 miles, the same. After 2.5, i looked at our pace and did some quick calculations in my head and we picked it up some. Her PR for 5K is 26:41 so I decided to take her that extra 0.1 miles to see what she could do. She had only been running about 4 or 5 times so far this spring and we ended up finishing the 5K in 26:16, a would be PR for her. Wow, wish I could do 5 runs and then crank out a PR!!! She was a bit upset when she learned that she really couldn't call it her PR since it wasn't in a race. She got over it quickly and vowed to break it in a race really soon. I am so proud of her.

This morning I was able to go on my "long" run. I wanted to get in 10 miles, 3 more that my recent longest run. Amy, a friend of mine who lives close, and I planned to run and we headed out on a trail near where we both live. She needed to get in 18 as she is training for a spring marathon but was able to do the beginning part of her run with me. About 6 miles in, we notices we were going pretty slow, must have been all the chatting we were doing. We picked up the pace which felt pretty good. After we got back to her house, she headed back out for more miles and I headed back to my house. I ended up getting in just over 11 miles (so much for only 10) and again, no pain.

I hope you all have a blessed Easter.

Keep on Running!!!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Good to hear!!!