Saturday, October 8, 2011

Between Marathons

I am now in the middle of the 2 weeks between marathons. OK, the first one didn't really tax me too much. It was the Jennipede Run at the Lakefront Marathon where we ran a time of 6:18 with a ton of walking at then end. Still, it was 26.2 miles long and my legs were sore because of the different pace than I am used to.

Monday was the last Cross Country practice with the kids I coach followed on Wednesday with the final meet. I got in something like 4 miles sprinting all over the park for the 4 races cheering on the kids and giving splits. It was a very great day for the team too. My daughters goal all year was to win a medal in this meet. Top 20 get a medal and she finished in 20th place. Her team (JV) won the JV meet so they received a rather large team trophy. She was actually the 6th finisher on her team so they ran very well as a team. I was so proud of each and every one of them.

I did get a few more small runs in and this morning I got in an easy 10 miler at about 9:00 pace. I will be travelling to Louisville, Kentucky next weekend for the Louisville Marathon. I am hoping for cold weather though it doesn't seem that way. Here in Milwaukee it is in the mid 70's today. I like my marathon weather in the 40's.

On a side note, I am excited for Monday to come as I have tickets to the Milwaukee Brewers game against the Cardinals in the National League Championships. I was able to go to Game 1 of the series versus the Diamondbacks and what a great atmosphere. Hopefully the Brew Crew can pull off another series win.

Keep on Running!!!

1 comment:

misszippy said...

Congrats to your daughter! And you are a stud doing two back-to-back marathons, even if the first was an easy pace.